Christmas is over for another year, and as I reflect back, I am grateful for my family and friends, the time we could spend together, and the love we have for each other. Here are a few of the highlights:
– Watching my grandson’s excitement as he opened his train set and then spent hours playing with it.
– Dancing in the kitchen with my husband.
– Phone calls with my family in Canada and Utah.
– Singing carols and reading the story of the Nativity on Christmas Eve.
– Going for walks and looking at all the beautiful lights.
– Playing tag with my daughter and grandson.
– Watching my dog play with his favorite toy, a farting blue rubber pig.
– Going to Disneyland and watching my grandson’s face as he got to meet Mickey Mouse, ride the trains, and fly on Dumbo.
– Attending a Christmas concert and listening to the beautiful music, especially the numbers by the children and youth.
– My favorite presents: PJ’s from my sister, which are covered with moose doing yoga poses and saying ‘Namoosete,’ and a Mickey Mouse necklace from my husband.
– One last favorite moment: My daughter-in-law and I were waiting in line, and I was complaining about the the sad ending of a book I’d just read. And she looked at me and said, “Well, I know a great book that’s just the kind you like, with a happy ending and everything. It’s called Double Play.” I laughed. Thanks, Lynette!