Books, carols, Christmas, Christmas concert, Christmas lights, Christmas memories, Disneyland, dogs, Double Play, family, Gifts, grandchildren, Love, memories, Mickey Mouse, music, Namaste, Nativity, the best gifts, time spent together, YA, YA fantasy, Yoga
Christmas is over for another year, and as I reflect back, I am grateful for my family and friends, the time we could spend together, and the love we have for each other. Here are a few of the highlights:
– Watching my grandson’s excitement as he opened his train set and then spent hours playing with it.
– Dancing in the kitchen with my husband.
– Phone calls with my family in Canada and Utah.
– Singing carols and reading the story of the Nativity on Christmas Eve.
– Going for walks and looking at all the beautiful lights.
– Playing tag with my daughter and grandson.
– Watching my dog play with his favorite toy, a farting blue rubber pig.
– Going to Disneyland and watching my grandson’s face as he got to meet Mickey Mouse, ride the trains, and fly on Dumbo.
– Attending a Christmas concert and listening to the beautiful music, especially the numbers by the children and youth.
– My favorite presents: PJ’s from my sister, which are covered with moose doing yoga poses and saying ‘Namoosete,’ and a Mickey Mouse necklace from my husband.
– One last favorite moment: My daughter-in-law and I were waiting in line, and I was complaining about the the sad ending of a book I’d just read. And she looked at me and said, “Well, I know a great book that’s just the kind you like, with a happy ending and everything. It’s called Double Play.” I laughed. Thanks, Lynette!